Ram Naresh Yadav takes oath as MP Governor
Bhopal: The veteran Congress leader from
Uttar Pradesh Ram Naresh Yadav on Thursday took oath as the 25th
Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
Acting Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court,
Justice Sushil Harkouli administered the oath of office to
Yadav who was accorded the customary ceremonial Guard of
Honour on the occasion.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan,
his cabinet colleagues, Leader of Opposition, Ajay Singh,
State BJP President, Prabhat Jha and Uttar Pradesh Congress
President, Rita Bahuguna Joshi were among others present on
Yadav, who hails from Azamgarh, was the chief minister
of Uttar Pradesh from 1977-79 as a Janata Party member. He has
contested the 2004 Lok Sabha elections from Azamgarh on the
Congress ticket but lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!
- Leave 'as soon as possible', EU chiefs tell Britain after Brexit vote
- Guidelines framed for transfer of online credits to regular courses
- BCCI to host mini IPL overseas in September
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic faces Roger Federer in the semi-final clash