Ram Naresh Yadav takes oath as MP Governor
Bhopal: The veteran Congress leader from
Uttar Pradesh Ram Naresh Yadav on Thursday took oath as the 25th
Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
Acting Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court,
Justice Sushil Harkouli administered the oath of office to
Yadav who was accorded the customary ceremonial Guard of
Honour on the occasion.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan,
his cabinet colleagues, Leader of Opposition, Ajay Singh,
State BJP President, Prabhat Jha and Uttar Pradesh Congress
President, Rita Bahuguna Joshi were among others present on
Yadav, who hails from Azamgarh, was the chief minister
of Uttar Pradesh from 1977-79 as a Janata Party member. He has
contested the 2004 Lok Sabha elections from Azamgarh on the
Congress ticket but lost.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming