Ram Naresh Yadav takes oath as MP Governor
Bhopal: The veteran Congress leader from
Uttar Pradesh Ram Naresh Yadav on Thursday took oath as the 25th
Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
Acting Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court,
Justice Sushil Harkouli administered the oath of office to
Yadav who was accorded the customary ceremonial Guard of
Honour on the occasion.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan,
his cabinet colleagues, Leader of Opposition, Ajay Singh,
State BJP President, Prabhat Jha and Uttar Pradesh Congress
President, Rita Bahuguna Joshi were among others present on
Yadav, who hails from Azamgarh, was the chief minister
of Uttar Pradesh from 1977-79 as a Janata Party member. He has
contested the 2004 Lok Sabha elections from Azamgarh on the
Congress ticket but lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore