Ramdev won`t make any impact on society: Digvijay
Bhopal: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev may be occupying more space in media now but he is a fraud and such people do not last long in public life, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Saturday.
"I have seen many frauds in my life but Baba Ramdev takes the cake. He may be occupying more space in media now but I do not visualise Ramdev making an impact on our society for long. Such people do not last long in public life," Singh told reporters here.
He pointed out that the Enforcement Directorate has already slapped a notice on Ramdev for Rs 80 crore while Uttarakhand government has issued a notice to him for evasion of sales tax to the tune of Rs 40 crore.
Singh also said that it was "strange" that Baba who is now fighting against black money met Union Ministers Sharad Pawar, Ajit Singh and BJP President Nitin Gadkari to discuss the issue.
Responding to a query, he said that his party would not have any problem if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is made the BJP`s prime ministerial nominee during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"However, in that case my sympathies will go out to LK Advani, Arjun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj," he said.
He also said that he had sympathy for BJP`s Sanjay Joshi who was treated unfairly by BJP.
In response to a query on IPL, he said that he was a big supporter of IPL which had given many youngsters a chance to display their cricketing talent.
"I am for everything that is there in the IPL," he said.
Asked if this meant that he was also in favour of cheerleaders, Singh said that "what these girls show is much less than what is on display at Khajuraho or Konark".
He also appealed to the people to take him more seriously as he was a politician who does what he says.
He said that whenever he makes a (controversial) statement, the Congress initially says that it is his personal opinion and the party has got nothing to do with it. But later it changes the stand and adopts what he said.
The Congress general secretary said that all his statements which were initially criticised proved to be right.
In this connection, Singh said all that he spoke about Baba Ramdev or Team Anna or BJP have been proved to be true.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed