Ramdev won`t make any impact on society: Digvijay
Bhopal: Yoga guru Ramdev may be occupying more space in media now but such people do not last long in public life, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Sunday.
"Ramdev may be occupying more space in media now but I do not visualise him making an impact on our society for long. Such people do not last long in public life," Singh told reporters here.
He pointed out that the Enforcement Directorate has already slapped a notice on Ramdev for Rs 80 crore tax evasion, while Uttarakhand government has issued a notice to him for evasion of sales tax to the tune of Rs 40 crore.
Singh also said it was "strange" that Ramdev who is now fighting against black money met Union Ministers Sharad Pawar, Ajit Singh and BJP President Nitin Gadkari to discuss the issue.
Responding to a query, he said that his party would not have any problem if Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is made the BJP`s prime ministerial nominee during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"However, in that case my sympathies will go out to LK Advani, Arjun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj," he said.
He also said that he had sympathy for BJP`s Sanjay Joshi who was treated unfairly by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery