`Ramdev`s fast a drama, no need for more talks`
Bhopal/Guna: Firing a fresh salvo, Congress
general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday dubbed as "drama"
Ramdev`s nine-day-old fast and said there was no need for any
further talks with the yoga guru since most of his demands had
"I am very happy that this `nautanki (drama)` has now come
to an end. Government has accepted most of his demands, so
there is no need to talk," Singh told reporters in Bhopal.
Maintaining that there was no need for him to go on a
hunger strike, he said, "Now, we should get on and have faith
in the government which is really sincere about unearthing
He also accused the yoga guru of "turning secret donations
into white money" and asked him to name the person who had
"secretly donated" a helicopter to him.
"Ramdev, who is demanding that the names of people with
black money should be made public, should name the person
who had secretly donated a helicopter to him," Singh said.
"He is bringing secret donations under the tax free
category, making them white, and accumulating huge capital,"
Singh alleged in his home town Raghogarh in Guna last evening.
Holding that this went against the Prevention of Money
Laundering Act, he demanded an inquiry into it.
Taking a potshot at Ramdev, he wondered from where the
figure of Rs 400 lakh crore in black money stashed away abroad
has cropped up.
"Slowly and gradually, things are becoming clear, which is
why, the RSS and BJP have started distancing themselves from
him," he said.
He also said his attempted escape from Ramlila ground in
Delhi "was not a satyagraha, but a nautanki".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack