Ramdev`s supporters thrash student in Bhind
Bhopal: Supporters of Baba Ramdev allegedly thrashed a student at Bhind in Madhya Pradesh for asking a question to the yoga guru, citing a 2011 incident in which he had escaped the police action dressed as a woman from Delhi`s Ramleela ground, police said on Monday.
The incident took place at valedictory function of a two-day Yoga camp at the Rajeev Gandhi stadium at Bhind yesterday when the student, identified as Ashutosh Parihar, questioned Ramdev about his escape in woman`s robe from Ramlila Ground even though he was surrounded by a large number of supporters.
Even as Ramdev asked Parihar to stop raising further questions, the former`s supporters pounced on him and beaten him up.
"Parihar was taken into custody by police on the charges of disrupting peace and since no criminal case was registered against him, he was released today on a personal bond," Bhind SP Akash Jindal said.
Parihar, who is preparing for his Pre-Medical Test (PMT), has not reported the matter to the police, the SP added.
Police said Parihar was taken into custody as it was feared that his presence at the venue might disrupt the peace, and could also expose him to attack by angry supporters.
Meanwhile reacting to the incident, Ramdev today said at Mehgaon on the border of Bhind and Morena districts that whatever happened yesterday was "due to misunderstanding and Parihar is a part of his extended family".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday