Rampant corruption in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh: Sibal
Bhopal: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Sunday alleged that there was "rampant corruption" under the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh.
At a press conference here, he said crores of rupees had been recovered in raids on the residence of an IAS couple in the state and it appeared as if the entire bureaucracy was corrupt, but the state government was not doing anything about it.
The people had now seen the true face of BJP and they would defeat it in the Assembly elections in November this year, Sibal said.
He also claimed that news channels did not highlight the good work of UPA. "This happens because the (coverage of) good work by the UPA-II may not lead to rise in TRPs," Sibal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed