Ratlam city Assembly seat in MP declared ‘vacant’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly has declared as "vacant" Ratlam city Assembly seat after the nullification of election of independent MLA Paras Saklecha following a petition in the state High Court.
The notification declaring Ratlam city seat as vacant was issued by the State Assembly`s Principal Secretary, Rajkumar Pande yesterday, official sources said today.
As a result of this notification, Saklecha ceased to be a member of this House with effect from June 20, it added.
In April this year, the Indore bench of the MP High Court had aside Saklecha`s election in 2008 on the ground that he had launched a misleading campaign against his BJP rival Himmat Kothari. Later, the BJP leader filed an election petition with the HC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs