Ratlam city Assembly seat in MP declared ‘vacant’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly has declared as "vacant" Ratlam city Assembly seat after the nullification of election of independent MLA Paras Saklecha following a petition in the state High Court.
The notification declaring Ratlam city seat as vacant was issued by the State Assembly`s Principal Secretary, Rajkumar Pande yesterday, official sources said today.
As a result of this notification, Saklecha ceased to be a member of this House with effect from June 20, it added.
In April this year, the Indore bench of the MP High Court had aside Saklecha`s election in 2008 on the ground that he had launched a misleading campaign against his BJP rival Himmat Kothari. Later, the BJP leader filed an election petition with the HC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say