Ratlam city Assembly seat in MP declared ‘vacant’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly has declared as "vacant" Ratlam city Assembly seat after the nullification of election of independent MLA Paras Saklecha following a petition in the state High Court.
The notification declaring Ratlam city seat as vacant was issued by the State Assembly`s Principal Secretary, Rajkumar Pande yesterday, official sources said today.
As a result of this notification, Saklecha ceased to be a member of this House with effect from June 20, it added.
In April this year, the Indore bench of the MP High Court had aside Saklecha`s election in 2008 on the ground that he had launched a misleading campaign against his BJP rival Himmat Kothari. Later, the BJP leader filed an election petition with the HC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state