Ratlam city Assembly seat in MP declared ‘vacant’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly has declared as "vacant" Ratlam city Assembly seat after the nullification of election of independent MLA Paras Saklecha following a petition in the state High Court.
The notification declaring Ratlam city seat as vacant was issued by the State Assembly`s Principal Secretary, Rajkumar Pande yesterday, official sources said today.
As a result of this notification, Saklecha ceased to be a member of this House with effect from June 20, it added.
In April this year, the Indore bench of the MP High Court had aside Saklecha`s election in 2008 on the ground that he had launched a misleading campaign against his BJP rival Himmat Kothari. Later, the BJP leader filed an election petition with the HC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends