Re-polling at six places in MP tomorrow
Bhopal: The Election Commission has directed to conduct re-polling tomorrow at six polling booths in Madhya Pradesh, where Assembly elections were held last Monday, official sources said on Sunday.
Following reports of voting irregularities and other complaints, the Commission ordered re-polling to be conducted at six polling stations in five constituencies.
The re-polling will be held between 8 AM and 5 PM.
The polling booths where re-polling will be held are: 182-Chaurai and 189-Ikmili in Lahar constituency in Bhind district, booth number 14-Bahrara in Sumawali seat in Morena district, booth number 151-Baikunthpur in Sirmour constituency in Rewa district, booth number 145-Barauda at Panagar constituency in Jabalpur district and booth number 100-Ujjain Dushera Maidan in Ujjain South seat in Ujjain district, sources said.
According to the officials, an incident of booth capturing had taken place at Sumawali, while EVMs had been allegedly damaged by some anti-social elements in Lahar.
In Panagar and Sirmour, the polling officers kept pressing wrong buttons resulting in votes not getting registered, while in Ujjain the presiding officer had forgotten to clear the mock poll votes which resulted in the votes getting added in the final tally, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand