Real estate co paid for burqas for BJP`s `Mahakumbh`: Digvijay
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday alleged that the ruling BJP had got 10,000 burqas stitched for its `Karyakarta Mahakumbh` to be held in Bhopal tomorrow, for which a real estate company had paid Rs 42 lakh to the tailor, a charge denied by BJP.
"In order to purchase 10,000 burqas for the `Karyakata Mahakumbh`, an official of a real estate company had come to Indore and paid Rs 42 lakh in advance to a tailor, who had given a bill of Rs 44.60 lakh," Singh told reporters here.
The Congress leader also produced before the media the bill purportedly issued by the tailor.
The `Karyakarta Mahakumbh` is to be addressed by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Bhopal.
Meanwhile, Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia who is the Chairman of the Madhya Pradesh Congress Poll Campaign Committee said, "Shivraj Singh Chouhan talked big things yesterday at the National Integration Council meeting. However, the manner in which the BJP had got burqas stitched has exposed the party."
"The mask which the BJP is wearing, would be removed by the people of the state in the Assembly elections," he added.
Reacting to Digvijay Singh`s statement, BJP media in-charge for Madhya Pradesh Deepak Vijaywargia said that the bill produced by the Congress leader could be a "fake".
"Congress had done similar things in the past," he alleged.
Describing Singh as a person "who could go to any extent", Vijaywargia said there were times when the Congress had distanced itself from his (Digvijiay`s) statements.
He said that the Congress was resorting to all this as it had no answer to the development undertaken during the last 10 years of BJP rule in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh