Record procurement of wheat in MP this year
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has witnessed a record procurement of wheat as a result of bumper production of the crop in the state this year, an official press release said here Wednesday.
So far, 76.25 lakh metric tonnes of wheat has been procured from farmers in the state this year.
Of the procured wheat, 65.40 lakh metric tonnes have been stored safely, the release said.
"Record procurement of wheat on support price from farmers has been made in the state this year as a result of bumper production."
"This has been possible due to better strategy adopted and implemented for wheat procurement by the state government. Thanks to it, farmers are getting full profit on their produce," the release mentioned.
It claimed that the number of farmers selling wheat is also rising significantly and so far, wheat worth Rs 10,650 crore has been purchased from 8.87 lakh farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened