Record procurement of wheat in MP this year
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has witnessed a record procurement of wheat as a result of bumper production of the crop in the state this year, an official press release said here Wednesday.
So far, 76.25 lakh metric tonnes of wheat has been procured from farmers in the state this year.
Of the procured wheat, 65.40 lakh metric tonnes have been stored safely, the release said.
"Record procurement of wheat on support price from farmers has been made in the state this year as a result of bumper production."
"This has been possible due to better strategy adopted and implemented for wheat procurement by the state government. Thanks to it, farmers are getting full profit on their produce," the release mentioned.
It claimed that the number of farmers selling wheat is also rising significantly and so far, wheat worth Rs 10,650 crore has been purchased from 8.87 lakh farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months