Record procurement of wheat in MP this year
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has witnessed a record procurement of wheat as a result of bumper production of the crop in the state this year, an official press release said here Wednesday.
So far, 76.25 lakh metric tonnes of wheat has been procured from farmers in the state this year.
Of the procured wheat, 65.40 lakh metric tonnes have been stored safely, the release said.
"Record procurement of wheat on support price from farmers has been made in the state this year as a result of bumper production."
"This has been possible due to better strategy adopted and implemented for wheat procurement by the state government. Thanks to it, farmers are getting full profit on their produce," the release mentioned.
It claimed that the number of farmers selling wheat is also rising significantly and so far, wheat worth Rs 10,650 crore has been purchased from 8.87 lakh farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video