Record procurement of wheat in MP this year
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has witnessed a record procurement of wheat as a result of bumper production of the crop in the state this year, an official press release said here Wednesday.
So far, 76.25 lakh metric tonnes of wheat has been procured from farmers in the state this year.
Of the procured wheat, 65.40 lakh metric tonnes have been stored safely, the release said.
"Record procurement of wheat on support price from farmers has been made in the state this year as a result of bumper production."
"This has been possible due to better strategy adopted and implemented for wheat procurement by the state government. Thanks to it, farmers are getting full profit on their produce," the release mentioned.
It claimed that the number of farmers selling wheat is also rising significantly and so far, wheat worth Rs 10,650 crore has been purchased from 8.87 lakh farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar