Record procurement of wheat in MP this year
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has witnessed a record procurement of wheat as a result of bumper production of the crop in the state this year, an official press release said here Wednesday.
So far, 76.25 lakh metric tonnes of wheat has been procured from farmers in the state this year.
Of the procured wheat, 65.40 lakh metric tonnes have been stored safely, the release said.
"Record procurement of wheat on support price from farmers has been made in the state this year as a result of bumper production."
"This has been possible due to better strategy adopted and implemented for wheat procurement by the state government. Thanks to it, farmers are getting full profit on their produce," the release mentioned.
It claimed that the number of farmers selling wheat is also rising significantly and so far, wheat worth Rs 10,650 crore has been purchased from 8.87 lakh farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics