Relatives of Congress, BJP bigwigs in MP poll fray
Indore: Ten relatives of leaders of BJP and Congress will contest the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections scheduled for November 25.
The kin of those contesting polls include Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s son Jaivardhan from Raghogarh in Guna district, former Deputy Chief Minister late Subhash Yadav`s son Sachin from Kasravad in Khargone district and BJP General Secretary Thawarchand Gehlot`s son Jitendra from Alot in Ratlam district.
Other such contestants are Congress Secretary and Dewas MP Sajjan Singh Verma`s brother Arjun, who will contest from Sonkatch in Dewas district and Ujjain MP Premchand Guddu`s son Ajit Borasi from Alot, after a goof-up in the nomination paper by official Congress candidate Kamal Parmar.
Similarly, Congress Deputy Leader in the Assembly Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi`s brother Mukesh has been fielded by the Congress from Mehgaon seat in Bhind district, after Rakesh defected to BJP when the House was about to begin discussion on a no-confidence motion.
BJP has also fielded Ashok Rohani from Jabalpur Cantonment. He is the son of MP Assembly Speaker Ishwardas Rohani, who passed away recently.
BJP`s sitting MLA Prem Narayan Thakur has vacated his seat for his son Uttam Thakur from Amarwada in Chhindwara district, while the party has dropped its sitting MLA Narendra Tripathi from Pananagar seat in Jabalpur district and allotted the seat to former minister Omkar Tiwari`s relative Indu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him