Relatives of Congress, BJP bigwigs in MP poll fray
Indore: Ten relatives of leaders of BJP and Congress will contest the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections scheduled for November 25.
The kin of those contesting polls include Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s son Jaivardhan from Raghogarh in Guna district, former Deputy Chief Minister late Subhash Yadav`s son Sachin from Kasravad in Khargone district and BJP General Secretary Thawarchand Gehlot`s son Jitendra from Alot in Ratlam district.
Other such contestants are Congress Secretary and Dewas MP Sajjan Singh Verma`s brother Arjun, who will contest from Sonkatch in Dewas district and Ujjain MP Premchand Guddu`s son Ajit Borasi from Alot, after a goof-up in the nomination paper by official Congress candidate Kamal Parmar.
Similarly, Congress Deputy Leader in the Assembly Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi`s brother Mukesh has been fielded by the Congress from Mehgaon seat in Bhind district, after Rakesh defected to BJP when the House was about to begin discussion on a no-confidence motion.
BJP has also fielded Ashok Rohani from Jabalpur Cantonment. He is the son of MP Assembly Speaker Ishwardas Rohani, who passed away recently.
BJP`s sitting MLA Prem Narayan Thakur has vacated his seat for his son Uttam Thakur from Amarwada in Chhindwara district, while the party has dropped its sitting MLA Narendra Tripathi from Pananagar seat in Jabalpur district and allotted the seat to former minister Omkar Tiwari`s relative Indu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27