Relatives of Congress, BJP bigwigs in MP poll fray
Indore: Ten relatives of leaders of BJP and Congress will contest the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections scheduled for November 25.
The kin of those contesting polls include Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s son Jaivardhan from Raghogarh in Guna district, former Deputy Chief Minister late Subhash Yadav`s son Sachin from Kasravad in Khargone district and BJP General Secretary Thawarchand Gehlot`s son Jitendra from Alot in Ratlam district.
Other such contestants are Congress Secretary and Dewas MP Sajjan Singh Verma`s brother Arjun, who will contest from Sonkatch in Dewas district and Ujjain MP Premchand Guddu`s son Ajit Borasi from Alot, after a goof-up in the nomination paper by official Congress candidate Kamal Parmar.
Similarly, Congress Deputy Leader in the Assembly Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi`s brother Mukesh has been fielded by the Congress from Mehgaon seat in Bhind district, after Rakesh defected to BJP when the House was about to begin discussion on a no-confidence motion.
BJP has also fielded Ashok Rohani from Jabalpur Cantonment. He is the son of MP Assembly Speaker Ishwardas Rohani, who passed away recently.
BJP`s sitting MLA Prem Narayan Thakur has vacated his seat for his son Uttam Thakur from Amarwada in Chhindwara district, while the party has dropped its sitting MLA Narendra Tripathi from Pananagar seat in Jabalpur district and allotted the seat to former minister Omkar Tiwari`s relative Indu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend