Relief for Nirmal Baba, HC grants anticipatory bail
Jabalpur: In a major relief to controversial self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba, Madhya Pradesh High Court here on Monday granted him an anticipatory bail.
Justice G S Solanki of High Court asked him to execute a personal bond of Rs 50,000.
Earlier in the day, a magistrate`s court at Bina had rejected Baba`s application seeking exemption from personal appearance in a case of cheating. He was asked to be before the court on July 17.
He had moved HC, arguing that lower court issued warrant against him without giving any hearing, said Nirmal Baba`s lawyer, Manish Datt.
Following a complaint filed by Bina resident Surendra Vishwakarma, the local court had earlier issued a non-bailable arrest warrant, and directed police to produce him on June 25.
However, police could not find him on his Delhi addres.
Vihwakarma has accused Baba of "cheating and hurting personal sentiments". As per the complaint, Vihwakarma kept Rs 2,000 in a black purse so that his finances may improve, on Baba`s instructions. But instead, he lost the purse with the money.
Also, Baba had advised him to give `kheer` to his ailing diabetic father, but it led to rise in the sugar level and worsened his condition, the complaint says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof