Relief for Nirmal Baba, HC grants anticipatory bail
Jabalpur: In a major relief to controversial self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba, Madhya Pradesh High Court here on Monday granted him an anticipatory bail.
Justice G S Solanki of High Court asked him to execute a personal bond of Rs 50,000.
Earlier in the day, a magistrate`s court at Bina had rejected Baba`s application seeking exemption from personal appearance in a case of cheating. He was asked to be before the court on July 17.
He had moved HC, arguing that lower court issued warrant against him without giving any hearing, said Nirmal Baba`s lawyer, Manish Datt.
Following a complaint filed by Bina resident Surendra Vishwakarma, the local court had earlier issued a non-bailable arrest warrant, and directed police to produce him on June 25.
However, police could not find him on his Delhi addres.
Vihwakarma has accused Baba of "cheating and hurting personal sentiments". As per the complaint, Vihwakarma kept Rs 2,000 in a black purse so that his finances may improve, on Baba`s instructions. But instead, he lost the purse with the money.
Also, Baba had advised him to give `kheer` to his ailing diabetic father, but it led to rise in the sugar level and worsened his condition, the complaint says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?