Relief for Nirmal Baba, HC grants anticipatory bail
Jabalpur: In a major relief to controversial self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba, Madhya Pradesh High Court here on Monday granted him an anticipatory bail.
Justice G S Solanki of High Court asked him to execute a personal bond of Rs 50,000.
Earlier in the day, a magistrate`s court at Bina had rejected Baba`s application seeking exemption from personal appearance in a case of cheating. He was asked to be before the court on July 17.
He had moved HC, arguing that lower court issued warrant against him without giving any hearing, said Nirmal Baba`s lawyer, Manish Datt.
Following a complaint filed by Bina resident Surendra Vishwakarma, the local court had earlier issued a non-bailable arrest warrant, and directed police to produce him on June 25.
However, police could not find him on his Delhi addres.
Vihwakarma has accused Baba of "cheating and hurting personal sentiments". As per the complaint, Vihwakarma kept Rs 2,000 in a black purse so that his finances may improve, on Baba`s instructions. But instead, he lost the purse with the money.
Also, Baba had advised him to give `kheer` to his ailing diabetic father, but it led to rise in the sugar level and worsened his condition, the complaint says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH