Religious heads should adhere to their fields: Scindia
Guna: In the background of the
agitation launched by Baba Ramdev on repatriation of black
money stashed in foreign banks, Union Minister of State for
Commerce and Industries, Jyotiraditya Scindia, on Monday said that
religious heads and politicians should stick to their
respective fields only.
"In my opinion, religious gurus should stay away from
the political field and politicians from the religious areas,"
Scindia told reporters when asked about the recent agitation
of Baba Ramdev in Delhi which was forcibly ended by police.
He denied reports that the government was
`insensitive` towards the peaceful agitation adding that
in fact government was so sensitive towards the protest that
it had deputed four senior cabinet ministers to hold talks
with Baba Ramdev.
Terming Baba Ramdev as a prominent Yoga guru, Scindia
said that in the interest of the country religious and
political leaders should not cross their respective limits.
The Guna MP also expressed his gratitude towards
Madhya Pradesh government for allotting over 200 acres of land
for development of spice park in Guna district with an
estimated cost of Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list