Religious heads should adhere to their fields: Scindia
Guna: In the background of the
agitation launched by Baba Ramdev on repatriation of black
money stashed in foreign banks, Union Minister of State for
Commerce and Industries, Jyotiraditya Scindia, on Monday said that
religious heads and politicians should stick to their
respective fields only.
"In my opinion, religious gurus should stay away from
the political field and politicians from the religious areas,"
Scindia told reporters when asked about the recent agitation
of Baba Ramdev in Delhi which was forcibly ended by police.
He denied reports that the government was
`insensitive` towards the peaceful agitation adding that
in fact government was so sensitive towards the protest that
it had deputed four senior cabinet ministers to hold talks
with Baba Ramdev.
Terming Baba Ramdev as a prominent Yoga guru, Scindia
said that in the interest of the country religious and
political leaders should not cross their respective limits.
The Guna MP also expressed his gratitude towards
Madhya Pradesh government for allotting over 200 acres of land
for development of spice park in Guna district with an
estimated cost of Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah