Religious heads should adhere to their fields: Scindia
Guna: In the background of the
agitation launched by Baba Ramdev on repatriation of black
money stashed in foreign banks, Union Minister of State for
Commerce and Industries, Jyotiraditya Scindia, on Monday said that
religious heads and politicians should stick to their
respective fields only.
"In my opinion, religious gurus should stay away from
the political field and politicians from the religious areas,"
Scindia told reporters when asked about the recent agitation
of Baba Ramdev in Delhi which was forcibly ended by police.
He denied reports that the government was
`insensitive` towards the peaceful agitation adding that
in fact government was so sensitive towards the protest that
it had deputed four senior cabinet ministers to hold talks
with Baba Ramdev.
Terming Baba Ramdev as a prominent Yoga guru, Scindia
said that in the interest of the country religious and
political leaders should not cross their respective limits.
The Guna MP also expressed his gratitude towards
Madhya Pradesh government for allotting over 200 acres of land
for development of spice park in Guna district with an
estimated cost of Rs 40 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA