Replica of warship Shivalik F-47 to be installed in Bhopal
Bhopal: In an effort to inspire the youth to join Indian Navy, a replica of warship Shivalik F-47 will be installed at the Boat Club of Bhojtal (Upper Lake) here,
The replica of India`s newest and most advanced frigate Shivalik F-47, fabricated by the Indian Navy, has been prepared at Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai and is ready to be carted out to be put up at Boat Club shortly, Madhya Pradesh Urban Administration and Development Minister Babulal Gaur told a news agency.
The model of the warship was built at a cost of Rs 25 lakh, he said adding that it was 25 ft long, 15 ft wide and nine ft tall.
Gaur said that a 25x15 feet platform has been constructed to install the warship`s replica.
The minister said he had requested the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) Admiral Nirmal Verma for installation of a warship model in Bhopal during a function in the state capital last year.
Verma had then promised him that he would present a model of warship.
Gaur said that the replica of model ship will inspire youth to join the Navy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way