Replica of warship Shivalik F-47 to be installed in Bhopal
Bhopal: In an effort to inspire the youth to join Indian Navy, a replica of warship Shivalik F-47 will be installed at the Boat Club of Bhojtal (Upper Lake) here,
The replica of India`s newest and most advanced frigate Shivalik F-47, fabricated by the Indian Navy, has been prepared at Mazgaon Docks in Mumbai and is ready to be carted out to be put up at Boat Club shortly, Madhya Pradesh Urban Administration and Development Minister Babulal Gaur told a news agency.
The model of the warship was built at a cost of Rs 25 lakh, he said adding that it was 25 ft long, 15 ft wide and nine ft tall.
Gaur said that a 25x15 feet platform has been constructed to install the warship`s replica.
The minister said he had requested the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) Admiral Nirmal Verma for installation of a warship model in Bhopal during a function in the state capital last year.
Verma had then promised him that he would present a model of warship.
Gaur said that the replica of model ship will inspire youth to join the Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note