Report on Bandhavgarh tigress death to be submitted
Bhopal: A top wildlife official probing the
death of a tigress in Bandhavgarh tiger reserve, would submit
his report tomorrow.
"I will submit the report on the tigress death in
Bandhavgarh on May 19, to the State PCCF A K Dubey tomorrow,"
Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest (Wildlife)
Dharmendra Shukla said.
Refusing to comment on the contents of the report, Shukla
said he had interacted with 30 people, including hoteliers
around the tiger reserve while investigating the case.
He said forensic test of many tourist vehicles has been
The post-mortem report of the tigress had revealed that
the feline died of internal injuries after being hit by some
blunt object, possibly a jeep.
After the incident, Bandhavgarh Reserve Assistant
Director R P Pandey, two Range Officers J N Shukla and L K
Pandey were on Monday were suspended for dereliction of duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa