Results awaited for Madhya Pradesh poll officials
Bhopal: About 200 officials who attended Election Commission-sponsored training and test programme related to conducting polls in Madhya Pradesh are still awaiting results.
The test, held in three phases between June 12-14, 18-20 and 27-29 here, was organized to check level of preparedness of electoral officers, returning officers and assistant returning officers from 51 districts of the state, who are responsible for conducting election, and to raise their awareness on different matters related to electoral process.
"The information related to the result of test has not been received from the office of Chief Electoral officer of MP," said a note sheet of RCVP Noronha Academy of Administration, which was made available to activist Ajay Dubey in response to his query exercising his Right to Information.
Election Commission has given Rs 29 lakh to the Academy for conducting the test for the officials in the poll-bound state.
Questions on Representation of the People Act, 1950 and on article of Constitution under which the Election Commission of India has been founded were asked to the participants.
Some of the participants have expressed their displeasure over the use of English language in notes related to the training programme of election process provided to them among other and suggested improvements in quality of foods and condition of accommodation provided to them, the reply says.
There was no facility for giving food to officials of Jain community. They should get food before sun set and without onion and garlic, one of the participants said in his response on the feedback, a copy of which was accessed by Dubey under the RTI Act.
"Provide it in Hindi," was the response of another participant when asked to give feedback on the training material provided to him.
Three officials-- A K Bisaria, Gopa Pandey and Bina Bhanupriya-- from RCVP Noronha Academy of Administration were sent to attend training by Election Commission in New Delhi and act as nodal officer to conduct the similar programme in Bhopal.
However, one of them, Pandey had come back from the training mid way, the RTI reply says.
"There has been misuse of public money in conduct of this training programme as the officials were not sincere. It puts question mark on the preparation of fair and free elections. Moreover, the test results are not yet declared," Dubey said.
The Assembly Election in Madhya Pradesh is due in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'