Retd MP govt officer murdered, house looted
Bhopal: A 79-year-old retired Madhya Pradesh government officer was murdered by unidentified persons who decamped with cash, gold ornaments and other valuables worth lakhs of rupees here, police said Friday.
Police suspect the role of an insider in the incident in Nivesh Nagar area as the assailants got easy access to the house of the deceased, Ramesh Chandra Goyal, who retired as Deputy Director from Agriculture Department, late last night.
After gaining entry, they smothered the elderly man to death with a pillow. They then tied the hands and legs of his ailing wife and escaped with gold ornaments, cash and other goods worth several lakhs, police said.
Goyal`s son, who was sleeping on the first floor of the house, came to know about the incident in the morning and informed the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman