Retd MP govt officer murdered, house looted
Bhopal: A 79-year-old retired Madhya Pradesh government officer was murdered by unidentified persons who decamped with cash, gold ornaments and other valuables worth lakhs of rupees here, police said Friday.
Police suspect the role of an insider in the incident in Nivesh Nagar area as the assailants got easy access to the house of the deceased, Ramesh Chandra Goyal, who retired as Deputy Director from Agriculture Department, late last night.
After gaining entry, they smothered the elderly man to death with a pillow. They then tied the hands and legs of his ailing wife and escaped with gold ornaments, cash and other goods worth several lakhs, police said.
Goyal`s son, who was sleeping on the first floor of the house, came to know about the incident in the morning and informed the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange
- Brent oil pushes above $50 for first time in nearly seven months