Revenue officials demand MP minister`s sacking
Bhopal/Seoni (MP): Protesting the alleged
rude treatment meted out by state Cooperatives Minister Gauri
Shankar Bisen to a Patwari (village revenue official)
recently, revenue officers including Deputy Collectors across
Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday went on strike, demanding Bisen` sacking.
In a widely publicised incident, the Minister had
allegedly asked Patwari, Devendra Marskole, to do squats at a
public function in Seoni district by way of punishment, when
some locals complained against the official.
Revenue officials in the state have been protesting the
incident, and demanding registration of case against him and
dismissal from state ministry.
A large number of Patwaris, led by organisation`s state
president, Ramnath Singh, also staged a demonstration.
Workers of Congress, Gondwana Gantantra Party, Samajwadi
Party and Kisan Sangh also organised a protests.
State Congress President, Kantilal Bhuria, has called a
meeting of SC/ST MLAs tomorrow on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress