Rice at Rs 1/kg for MP`s poor: Chouhan`s first order in 3rd innings
Bhopal: Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday started his third innings as Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister by signing an order for providing rice at Rs one per kilogram to the poor announced in BJP`s poll manifesto and vowed not to allow any new liquor shop in the state.
Soon after taking oath, Chouhan started the business of putting his promises into action by clearing four schemes and announced a major campaign to protect the girl child.
The schemes-- rice at Rs one per kilogram to poor, `Mukhyamantri Khet-Sadak Yojana` to connect agriculture fields with roads, setting up of MP Madhyam Varg Aayog-- a commission to address grievances faced by middle class people, and MP Vyapar Samvardhan Mandal for promoting industries to generate employment will come into effect from January 1, 2014.
"What we had promised before election I am fulfilling in front of you. It is a reflection of our transparent governance model," Chouhan told the gathering after the oath ceremony.
The Chief Minister said he would start a campaign in a big way to generate awareness to save girl child. "No nation can progress without saving their girls. We need to save girl child. It is our duty to ensure social and economic empowerment of women," he said.
The Chief Minister said there would not be any new liquor shop opened in the state.
Chouhan said he wanted to establish "Made in Madhya Pradesh" as a brand worldwide for generating employment opportunities and producing quality industry products.
"Madhya Pradesh can do it," he said.
Chouhan said he would put in efforts to increase power production in the state. He said his government will try to provide water to every rural households.
Chouhan was administered the oath as Chief Minister for the third time in a row by Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: This man doesn't give a damn to traffic rules, threatens people on Noida roads; his car has VIP horn - WATCH
- Mercedes GLE 400 4MATIC petrol variant launched in India at Rs 74.9 lakh
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha
- India will slip in ICC T20 ranking if it loses 0-2 in T20Is against West Indies