Rise in cyber crime cases in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Ninety cases of cyber crime have been registered in Madhya Pradesh in less than three months this year, police said on Sunday.
"The rise is steep as compared to the last two years. Last year, a total number of 131 cyber crime cases were registered in the state, up from 60 cases in 2011," IG Cyber Cell, Anil Gupta, told a news agency.
"The complaints mostly about fake accounts created or obscene pictures uploaded on the social networking sites and online fake lottery cases, which are generally reported from major cities of the state," Gupta added.
He also attributed the procedural changes in the filing of cases as the reason for the rise in the number of cyber crime cases. "Earlier, complaints about cyber crime were received by the CID, which used to first verify and then register a case," Gupta said.
However, July 2012 onwards, these cases are being registered with the cyber police station in the state capital.
In 2012, this dedicated police station had received 1,302 complaints from across the state, while 1,326 in 2011, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion