RJD dissolves party`s Madhya Pradesh unit
New Delhi: A day after RJD chief Lalu Prasad was convicted in the fodder scam case, the party dissolved its Madhya Pradesh unit, which according to a senior leader, was about to merge with the BJP.
The action comes apparently as the Bihar-based party is keen to give an impression that it will "have no business" with the BJP.
"Madhya Pradesh state unit of RJD headed by Sanjay Silwat is dissolved with immediate effect. We have come to know that he was trying to tie up with BJP and merge the RJD unit in the state`s ruling party."
"This is an anti-party activity given the founding principle of secularism of RJD. And hence, the entire state unit stands suspended with immediate effect," party`s national general secretary Ramdeo Bhandari told a news agency.
Silwat and all the office bearers, roughly over 24, as such stand suspended from RJD, sources in the party said.
Bhandari said his party was against BJP mainly on the issue of communalism and had been fighting it tooth and nail, as it believes in secular politics and hence such "anti-party activities" cannot be tolerated.
The RJD leader said a new state unit in Madhya Pradesh will be constituted soon after consultation with the party chief.
Prasad was yesterday taken to jail after being convicted by a special CBI court in the fodder scam case in Ranchi.
RJD`s rival in Bihar, JD(U), had been alleging a "nexus" between BJP and RJD for some time after Nitish Kumar`s party walked out of NDA, breaking its 17-year alliance with BJP in June this year.
The RJD has been, however, vehemently denying the contention.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!