Robbers strike Guwahati Express in MP
Khandwa: Unidentified miscreants
looted cash and valuables estimated to worth Rs five lakh from women passengers on board of Guwahati Express, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred under the Central Railway`s
Bhusawal-Itarsi rail section near Nakoda railway station last
night, they said.
The robbers, believed to be four in number, boarded
the Asansol-bound train, which started off from Mumbai, at
Bhusawal in Maharashtra. They entered the ladies coach and
robbed the victims of their belongings at knife-point after
throwing chili powder into their eyes.
A woman suffered injuries when the miscreants pulled
her earrings, police said, adding the attackers got down at a
culvert when the train slowed down.
Later, women passengers pulled the chain to stop the train at Burhanpur railway station and reported the matter to the Government Railway Police (GRP).
Two passengers, namely Sanjana Patil and Dheeraj
Agrawal complained to the police that miscreants looted cash
of Rs 40,000 and 20,000, respectively, from them besides
snatching away their mobile phones.
Khandwa Railway Police Inspector, RVS Kushwaha
confirmed the incident and added that the loot took place
under Bhusawal rail division.
Passengers informed that a total of four masked miscreants committed the loot and efforts were on to nab them
soon, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read