Rs 22 crore treasure found in Lokayukta raid at PWD guard`s house
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Indore: In an eye-opening raid, a chowkidaar with the Public Works Department here was found to be in possession of disproportionate assets worth over Rs 22 crores.
As per reports, Guru Kripal Singh`s house at Tilak Nagar was raided this morning following a tip-off.
Lokayukta officials, who are still carrying out the raid, have found cash, jewellery and several property papers from the house.
Reports said cash worth 12 lakh 44 thousand was recovered, apart from documents of Rs 35 lakh worth of investments.
Officials also seized three four-wheelers, including Tata Safari and Toyota Innova, as well as two two-wheelers from the PWD guard.
He also has 14 houses and 11 agricultural land totalling nearly 20 acres in his name.
The worth of Singh`s immovable property is estimated to be worth over Rs 10 crores.
Twenty bottles of imported liquor were also seized from his residence, while officials have also found that he has a locker in a UCO Bank which has yet to be opened.
Ironically, the guard`s monthly salary is mere Rs 22,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug