Rs 22 crore treasure found in Lokayukta raid at PWD guard`s house
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Indore: In an eye-opening raid, a chowkidaar with the Public Works Department here was found to be in possession of disproportionate assets worth over Rs 22 crores.
As per reports, Guru Kripal Singh`s house at Tilak Nagar was raided this morning following a tip-off.
Lokayukta officials, who are still carrying out the raid, have found cash, jewellery and several property papers from the house.
Reports said cash worth 12 lakh 44 thousand was recovered, apart from documents of Rs 35 lakh worth of investments.
Officials also seized three four-wheelers, including Tata Safari and Toyota Innova, as well as two two-wheelers from the PWD guard.
He also has 14 houses and 11 agricultural land totalling nearly 20 acres in his name.
The worth of Singh`s immovable property is estimated to be worth over Rs 10 crores.
Twenty bottles of imported liquor were also seized from his residence, while officials have also found that he has a locker in a UCO Bank which has yet to be opened.
Ironically, the guard`s monthly salary is mere Rs 22,000.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'