`RSS doesn`t like women being equal to men`
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh today hit out strongly at RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for saying that "rapes take place in India and not in Bharat."
In a statement issued here, Ajay said even now the mentality of the RSS was of knowing injustice to women, "committing atrocities on them and looking at the fairer sex with the eyes of an exploiter."
"Both the RSS and BJP can never like the fact that women are becoming stronger each day and standing equal to men in all areas," the Congress leader said.
Ajay said both Bhagwat and Madhya Pradesh minister Kailash Vijaywargiya had by their statements insulted Indian womanhood and culture.
Vijaywargiya was at the centre of a controversy over his recent remark that women must not cross their "Lakshman rekha" and remain within their limits.
Ajay said by describing marriage as a contract, Bhagwat had shown the direction in which he wanted to take the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt