`RSS doesn`t like women being equal to men`
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh today hit out strongly at RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for saying that "rapes take place in India and not in Bharat."
In a statement issued here, Ajay said even now the mentality of the RSS was of knowing injustice to women, "committing atrocities on them and looking at the fairer sex with the eyes of an exploiter."
"Both the RSS and BJP can never like the fact that women are becoming stronger each day and standing equal to men in all areas," the Congress leader said.
Ajay said both Bhagwat and Madhya Pradesh minister Kailash Vijaywargiya had by their statements insulted Indian womanhood and culture.
Vijaywargiya was at the centre of a controversy over his recent remark that women must not cross their "Lakshman rekha" and remain within their limits.
Ajay said by describing marriage as a contract, Bhagwat had shown the direction in which he wanted to take the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS