Ruling BJP claims immunity to Bhuria effect in MP
Bhopal: The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh is
unfazed by the change of leadership in the State Congress and
feels that the entry of Kantilal Bhuria will not be that
beneficial for the grand old party, which is looking to up its
prospects in tribal areas.
Main Opposition Congress recently appointed Union
Minister for Tribal Welfare, Kantilal Bhuria as the Madhya
Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) President replacing senior
leader Suresh Pachouri with an aim to revive the party,
specially in the tribal areas.
"When Sonia Gandhi`s magic did not work in Bihar, then
I don`t think he will have any effect in Madhya Pradesh as
Bhuria`s stature is not bigger than that of the Congress
President," the State BJP President, Prabhat Jha told PTI.
We have decided not to talk about Bhuria as we believe he
will not have any effect in Madhya Pradesh, Jha said.
"The party has a battery of tribal leaders including
former MPs, Dilip Singh Bhuria and Faggan Singh Kulaste and
the present Tribal Welfare Minister in the State, Vijay Shah
among others to counter him," he said.
Leave alone the entire state, Bhuria will not be able to
manage his own Ratlam-Jhabua constituency in the 2013 Assembly
polls, Jha asserted.
Out of the total five seats in Jhabua and Alirajpur
districts, BJP has only one seat in its kitty, while
the Opposition Congress holds the remaining four.
But of the total 47 ST reserve seats in the State
Assembly, the ruling BJP has 36. While in Lok Sabha, out of
the total six seats reserved for ST, four are with the
Congress and two with the BJP.
However, in a major upset to the Congress, the BJP has
wrested Kukshi assembly seat from the main opposition party in
the state which was represented by then Leader of Opposition,
late Jamuna Devi.
The BJP government in the state has already launched
various welfare schemes for the development of tribal areas to
with an eye on its Mission-2013 of coming back to power for
the third time in a row.
However, criticising Madhya Pradesh government on the
issue of distribution of land rights to the tribals, he said
recently at a function in Chhindwara district that the state
was unable to implement the central law on the issue and
out of the total 4.50 lakh applications, so far, only 90,000
tribals received land ownership papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'