Sabharwal murder: Former accused commits suicide
Gwalior: Vimal Tomar, one of the former main
accused in the Professor HS Sabharwal murder case, allegedly
committed suicide by consuming poison, police said on Sunday.
Tomar who lived with a relative here, allegedly consumed
some poisonous substance last night. He was rushed to the
hospital, where he died today, police said. Report of autopsy
Tomar and five other activists of Akhil Bhartiya
Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) had faced trial for allegedly
manhandling Professor Sabharwal at Madhav College in Ujjain
during the student elections. Sabharwal died following the
assault. His death had led to a widespread outrage.
But all the six accused were later acquitted by a Nagpur
court where the trial had been transferred on the direction of
the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?