Sabharwal murder: Former accused commits suicide
Gwalior: Vimal Tomar, one of the former main
accused in the Professor HS Sabharwal murder case, allegedly
committed suicide by consuming poison, police said on Sunday.
Tomar who lived with a relative here, allegedly consumed
some poisonous substance last night. He was rushed to the
hospital, where he died today, police said. Report of autopsy
Tomar and five other activists of Akhil Bhartiya
Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) had faced trial for allegedly
manhandling Professor Sabharwal at Madhav College in Ujjain
during the student elections. Sabharwal died following the
assault. His death had led to a widespread outrage.
But all the six accused were later acquitted by a Nagpur
court where the trial had been transferred on the direction of
the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi