Sacked judge escapes from court in MP
Jabalpur: A sacked judge escaped from the district and sessions court here when he was about to be sentenced to a jail term in connection with the suicide case of his peon.
The sacked judge, Nitin Kumre, escaped from the court yesterday as he feared that he would be arrested in the case after the court was about to pass an order in this regard.
Kumre was sacked from service after his peon committed suicide on February 27, 2010, as he tortured him for allegedly stealing Rs 50,000.
At that time, Kumre was posted as Jabalpur judicial magistrate and he had suspected that his peon Mohammad Niyaz has stolen Rs 50,000 from him. Kumre beat Niyaz and also tortured him mentally, after which Niyaz committed suicide.
On the basis of a suicide note, police registered a case against Kumre in Hanumantal police station. Later, the Madhya Pradesh High Court sacked him, after a probe.
However, Kumre failed to appear in the district court in this regard for long, after which District and Sessions Judge Bharat P Maheshwari issued an arrest warrant against him on December 6, 2012, and directed the police to produce him before court by January 24.
Kumre appeared in the court yesterday and tried to get his arrest warrant cancelled, but when he came to know that he would not get any relief, he fled from the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi