Sadhvi Pragya files plea about her presence
Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key
accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast, on Tuesday sought "well in
advance" communication whenever her presence is required in
Bhopal Sessions court in a murder case.
Sadhvi is also an accused in the murder of RSS activist
Sunil Joshi and the case is being heard by the Bhopal Court.
She filed the plea in special MCOCA court here, seeking
direction that Registrar of Sessions Court in Bhopal inform
"well in advance" to Superintendent of Byculla jail in Mumbai,
where she is lodged, whenever her presence is required in the
murder case trial.
Sadhvi also sought directions to the jail superintendent
that he should send her to Bhopal only after a medical test is
carried out on her.
Also, she should be taken to Bhopal in an AC train
compartment for which she is ready to pay from her own pocket.
Twelve persons, including Sadhvi and Lt Col Prasad
Purohit, have been arrested for the September 29, 2008 bomb
blast in Malegaon town in which six persons were killed.
They have been booked under the stringent Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and Unlawful Activities
Prevention Act (UAPA), besides several IPC sections.
The trial is yet to commence as some of the accused have
challenged revocation of MCOCA in the case before the Supreme
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was
shot dead at Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
Besides Sadhvi, four other persons have been named
accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh