Sadhvi Pragya, others produced in court
Bhopal: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key
accused in 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case, was produced in a
local court here on Tuesday in connection with the murder of RSS
worker Sunil Joshi.
Besides Pragya, other accused Ramcharan Patel, Harshad
Solanki, Vasudev Parmar and Anandraj Kataria were also
produced in the court of Additional District Judge (ADJ) VK
Pandey today amid tight security.
Pragya moved an application in the court seeking
permission to stay in Bhopal jail, as she wanted to get
herself treated in the Ayurvedic Sansthan in Bhopal. She also
sought the copy of charges levelled against her.
The court accepted her two demands and also ordered
for the appointment of Bhagwan Jha and Kalpana Singh as nurse
for her treatment.
No lawyer from the National Investigation Agency (NIA)
which is probing the case appeared in the court today.
The court will read charges against the accused in the
Joshi, also a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast
case, was shot dead at Devas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29,
2007. On the basis of statements of Parmar, police had made
Pragya and other two as accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing