Sadhvi Pragya, others produced in court
Bhopal: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key
accused in 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case, was produced in a
local court here on Tuesday in connection with the murder of RSS
worker Sunil Joshi.
Besides Pragya, other accused Ramcharan Patel, Harshad
Solanki, Vasudev Parmar and Anandraj Kataria were also
produced in the court of Additional District Judge (ADJ) VK
Pandey today amid tight security.
Pragya moved an application in the court seeking
permission to stay in Bhopal jail, as she wanted to get
herself treated in the Ayurvedic Sansthan in Bhopal. She also
sought the copy of charges levelled against her.
The court accepted her two demands and also ordered
for the appointment of Bhagwan Jha and Kalpana Singh as nurse
for her treatment.
No lawyer from the National Investigation Agency (NIA)
which is probing the case appeared in the court today.
The court will read charges against the accused in the
Joshi, also a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast
case, was shot dead at Devas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29,
2007. On the basis of statements of Parmar, police had made
Pragya and other two as accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place