Sadhvi Pragya Thakur rushed to hospital for tests
Bhopal: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key suspect in the murder of RSS Pracharak Sunil Joshi, was taken to a hospital here following ill-health, hospital sources said.
Pragya, who had been undergoing treatment for some aliments at the Pandit Khushilal Ayurveda Hospital, was yesterday rushed to a cancer hospital after her health deteriorated, they said.
Last year, Pragya was diagnosed with cancer.
Doctors at the Jawaharlal Nehru Cancer Hospital where Pragya was taken said some pathological tests had been done on her and the reports were awaited.
She was arrested by the Maharashtra police in connection with the Malegaon blasts of 2008.
Later, the Madhya Pradesh police had arrested her in February 2011 for her alleged role in Sunil Joshi`s murder.
Joshi was named as an accused in the Malegaon and Samjhauta Express blasts cases, and was found murdered at Dewas in MP on December 29, 2007.
Meanwhile, Bhagwan Jha, a relative of Pragya, told reporters here yesterday that even after five years of her arrest, not a single case has been filed against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?