Sadhvi Pragya undergoes tests at cancer hospital
Bhopal: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, who is facing trial in the 2007 Sunil Joshi murder case, underwent medical examination at a cancer hospital here, police said today.
Thakur, also a key accused in the 2008 Malegaon blasts, was yesterday taken to Jawaharlal Nehru Cancer Hospital, where doctors conducted tests on her, they said.
Heavy police force was deployed from the Central Jail to the cancer hospital.
Once the test reports are out, it will be decided whether she needs to be shifted to the hospital or not, for regular treatment, police said.
Thakur was brought from Mumbai to Bhopal last year for trial in the murder case of former RSS worker Sunil Joshi, who was killed in Dewas on December 29, 2007, following which a case was registered against her and others by the Madhya Pradesh police. The matter was later taken over by the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’