Salman Khan praises MP CM for "good work" in state
Indore: Bollywood star Salman Khan on Sunday praised Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan saying it was only for his good work that BJP was voted to power for the third consecutive term.
"I am with every person who is doing good work in the country. Like for example Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister who is doing a good job. People have voted his party for the third time. He is a very good and worthy person," Salman told reporters here.
Salman was in the city for the promotion of his upcoming film `Jai Ho`.
When asked about his recent visit to Uttar Pradesh which generated a lot of controversy, he said, "I have answered this question earlier also. Just as we have come here today for the promotion of the film, we went to Uttar Pradesh. After that I will also go to Gujarat."
He said he considers every city in the country and also those outside India the same as our fans stay there. "We keep visiting a number of places every now and then as part of our profession," he said.
The actor also met 70-year-old Rukmani Bai, who claimed to have been posted as a Staff Nurse in the Kalyanmal Nursing Home in Indore, where Salman was born on December 27, 1965.
She claimed to have looked after him for nearly ten days at the time of his birth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani