Salman Khan praises MP CM for "good work" in state
Indore: Bollywood star Salman Khan on Sunday praised Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan saying it was only for his good work that BJP was voted to power for the third consecutive term.
"I am with every person who is doing good work in the country. Like for example Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister who is doing a good job. People have voted his party for the third time. He is a very good and worthy person," Salman told reporters here.
Salman was in the city for the promotion of his upcoming film `Jai Ho`.
When asked about his recent visit to Uttar Pradesh which generated a lot of controversy, he said, "I have answered this question earlier also. Just as we have come here today for the promotion of the film, we went to Uttar Pradesh. After that I will also go to Gujarat."
He said he considers every city in the country and also those outside India the same as our fans stay there. "We keep visiting a number of places every now and then as part of our profession," he said.
The actor also met 70-year-old Rukmani Bai, who claimed to have been posted as a Staff Nurse in the Kalyanmal Nursing Home in Indore, where Salman was born on December 27, 1965.
She claimed to have looked after him for nearly ten days at the time of his birth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing