Samjhauta blast case: Dashrath arrest has proved that MP police is useless, says Digvijay
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Police has been proved as "useless" after the arrest of a key accused in the 2007 Samjhauta blast case from Ujjain district, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said on Sunday.
"The fact that Dashrath (Chaudhary alias Samunder Singh), who carried a reward of Rs 5 lakh, was living freely in Madhya Pradesh and the police had failed to apprehend him proves that it has become useless," he told reporters at the sidelines of an event here.
Dasrath was arrested yesterday by the National Investigation Authority (NIA) from Nagda in Ujjain district.
Under the BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, the state has become a haven for terrorists who feel assured that no action would be taken against them, Singh alleged.
The Congress leader said action should be taken against all police officials from the level of the Superintendent of Police to the town inspector in whose area Dashrath was staying.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should feel "ashamed" at the manner in which terrorists were getting all sorts of protection in the state, he said.
When told that BJP leader Uma Bharti had recently met Pragya Bharti in Bhopal jail, Singh said he did not know what kind of message Bharti wanted to give by meeting a woman who was not only involved in bomb blasts but also in the murder of RSS worker Sunil Joshi.
When a reporter said that Chouhan had claimed that the BJP would win next year`s Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, Singh quipped, "We will talk about this in December, 2013".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!