Samjhauta blast case: Dashrath arrest has proved that MP police is useless, says Digvijay
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Police has been proved as "useless" after the arrest of a key accused in the 2007 Samjhauta blast case from Ujjain district, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said on Sunday.
"The fact that Dashrath (Chaudhary alias Samunder Singh), who carried a reward of Rs 5 lakh, was living freely in Madhya Pradesh and the police had failed to apprehend him proves that it has become useless," he told reporters at the sidelines of an event here.
Dasrath was arrested yesterday by the National Investigation Authority (NIA) from Nagda in Ujjain district.
Under the BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, the state has become a haven for terrorists who feel assured that no action would be taken against them, Singh alleged.
The Congress leader said action should be taken against all police officials from the level of the Superintendent of Police to the town inspector in whose area Dashrath was staying.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should feel "ashamed" at the manner in which terrorists were getting all sorts of protection in the state, he said.
When told that BJP leader Uma Bharti had recently met Pragya Bharti in Bhopal jail, Singh said he did not know what kind of message Bharti wanted to give by meeting a woman who was not only involved in bomb blasts but also in the murder of RSS worker Sunil Joshi.
When a reporter said that Chouhan had claimed that the BJP would win next year`s Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, Singh quipped, "We will talk about this in December, 2013".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up