Samjhauta case: NIA team conducts searches, detains suspect from MP village
Indore: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) detained one suspect on Monday from here in connection with the Samjhauta Express and Malegaon blasts as well as the murder of former RSS activist Sunil Joshi, official sources said.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
One Balveer was detained after interrogation from Indore`s Shipra area, an NIA official told PTI from Delhi.
NIA teams carried out extensive searches at the residences of right-wing activists in Dakachiya and Manlauda villages, the official said.
Besides recovering eighteen items including swords, mobiles and letterheads, the NIA team also seized documents from a place near Indore, Shipra police station sources said.
Recently, the NIA had carried out extensive searches at the house of one of the accused, Tejram Pawar, in connection with the Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad of 2007 in Depalpur, a suburb of Indore.
Searches may also continue tomorrow in and around Indore as well as Dewas districts, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town