Samjhauta case: NIA team conducts searches, detains suspect from MP village
Indore: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) detained one suspect on Monday from here in connection with the Samjhauta Express and Malegaon blasts as well as the murder of former RSS activist Sunil Joshi, official sources said.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
One Balveer was detained after interrogation from Indore`s Shipra area, an NIA official told PTI from Delhi.
NIA teams carried out extensive searches at the residences of right-wing activists in Dakachiya and Manlauda villages, the official said.
Besides recovering eighteen items including swords, mobiles and letterheads, the NIA team also seized documents from a place near Indore, Shipra police station sources said.
Recently, the NIA had carried out extensive searches at the house of one of the accused, Tejram Pawar, in connection with the Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad of 2007 in Depalpur, a suburb of Indore.
Searches may also continue tomorrow in and around Indore as well as Dewas districts, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say