Samjhauta case: NIA team conducts searches, detains suspect from MP village
Indore: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) detained one suspect on Monday from here in connection with the Samjhauta Express and Malegaon blasts as well as the murder of former RSS activist Sunil Joshi, official sources said.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
One Balveer was detained after interrogation from Indore`s Shipra area, an NIA official told PTI from Delhi.
NIA teams carried out extensive searches at the residences of right-wing activists in Dakachiya and Manlauda villages, the official said.
Besides recovering eighteen items including swords, mobiles and letterheads, the NIA team also seized documents from a place near Indore, Shipra police station sources said.
Recently, the NIA had carried out extensive searches at the house of one of the accused, Tejram Pawar, in connection with the Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad of 2007 in Depalpur, a suburb of Indore.
Searches may also continue tomorrow in and around Indore as well as Dewas districts, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself
- Reforms to aid growth; banking sector risks remain: Moody's
- Here's why NASA calls low level of Arctic sea ice the 'new normal' – Watch!