Samjhauta case: NIA team conducts searches, detains suspect from MP village
Indore: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) detained one suspect on Monday from here in connection with the Samjhauta Express and Malegaon blasts as well as the murder of former RSS activist Sunil Joshi, official sources said.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
One Balveer was detained after interrogation from Indore`s Shipra area, an NIA official told PTI from Delhi.
NIA teams carried out extensive searches at the residences of right-wing activists in Dakachiya and Manlauda villages, the official said.
Besides recovering eighteen items including swords, mobiles and letterheads, the NIA team also seized documents from a place near Indore, Shipra police station sources said.
Recently, the NIA had carried out extensive searches at the house of one of the accused, Tejram Pawar, in connection with the Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad of 2007 in Depalpur, a suburb of Indore.
Searches may also continue tomorrow in and around Indore as well as Dewas districts, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'