Samjhauta case: NIA team conducts searches, detains suspect from MP village
Indore: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) detained one suspect on Monday from here in connection with the Samjhauta Express and Malegaon blasts as well as the murder of former RSS activist Sunil Joshi, official sources said.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
One Balveer was detained after interrogation from Indore`s Shipra area, an NIA official told PTI from Delhi.
NIA teams carried out extensive searches at the residences of right-wing activists in Dakachiya and Manlauda villages, the official said.
Besides recovering eighteen items including swords, mobiles and letterheads, the NIA team also seized documents from a place near Indore, Shipra police station sources said.
Recently, the NIA had carried out extensive searches at the house of one of the accused, Tejram Pawar, in connection with the Mecca Masjid blasts in Hyderabad of 2007 in Depalpur, a suburb of Indore.
Searches may also continue tomorrow in and around Indore as well as Dewas districts, the official said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents