Samjhouta blast accused complains of torture
Indore: Taking cognisance of a complaint made by an accused in the Samjhouta Express blast case that he was unlawfully detained and subjected to torture, a local court in Depalpur town has issued a warrant directing the Ambala Jail Superintendent to produce him in the court on June 11.
The accused Kamal Chouhan had alleged that he was kept in an illegal custody from February 10-13 and subjected to torture.
The warrant was issued yesterday by the Judicial Magistrate First Class, SK Soni directing Ambala Jail Superintendent to produce Chouhan in his court on June 11, Chouhan`s lawyer Amit Singh Sisodia told reporters on Tuesday.
The orders in this regard was issued by the JMFC court on a complaint filed on behalf of Chouhan by his lawyer.
Chouhan was lodged in the Ambala jail under judicial custody after he was arrested by National Investigative Agency (NIA) for his alleged role in the blast case.
The accused was arrested with the help of local police and his lawyer alleged that he was kept in an illegal custody from February 10-13 during which he was allegedly tortured.
Sisodia said that in his petition he has also named an NIA official and a Depalpur Police Station in-charge as respondent in the case and urged the JMFC to register criminal cases against them under relevant sections of the IPC.
Following a blast in Delhi-Lahore Samjhouta Express near Panipat in February 2007, 68 persons were killed and dozens of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM