Sand mining: MP govt removes cop for complicity
Chhattarpur (MP): Madhya Pradesh
government today removed Ajaygarh police station incharge for
allegedly abetting illegal sand mining, two days after the
mafia members attacked a police team at Chandipatha in Panna
district, a top officer said.
Aslam Khan`s alleged partnership with the sand mafia
was disclosed to police during investigation of the arrested
kingpin and former dacoit Kuber Singh who is accused of
opening fire on a team comprising revenue and police officials
at Chandipatha, about 80 km away from Panna two days back.
Kuber has alleged that Khan was having a partnership
of nearly 60 percent in the illegal sand mining in the area.
"Following the revelation, Panna SP Anil Maheshwari
line-attached (removed from field duty) Khan so that he cannot
influence the probe in the matter," Chattarpur Deputy
Inspector General (DIG) Ved Prakash Sharma told reporters.
The sand mafia in Panna district had erected a
makeshift earthen bridge across the Ken river for transporting
sand illegally to Uttar Pradesh which was later demolished by
the team of revenue and police officials.
Besides Kuber, his accomplices Gambhir Singh, Ram
Singh and two others, who are absconding, are booked for
attack, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics