Sand mining: MP govt removes cop for complicity
Chhattarpur (MP): Madhya Pradesh
government today removed Ajaygarh police station incharge for
allegedly abetting illegal sand mining, two days after the
mafia members attacked a police team at Chandipatha in Panna
district, a top officer said.
Aslam Khan`s alleged partnership with the sand mafia
was disclosed to police during investigation of the arrested
kingpin and former dacoit Kuber Singh who is accused of
opening fire on a team comprising revenue and police officials
at Chandipatha, about 80 km away from Panna two days back.
Kuber has alleged that Khan was having a partnership
of nearly 60 percent in the illegal sand mining in the area.
"Following the revelation, Panna SP Anil Maheshwari
line-attached (removed from field duty) Khan so that he cannot
influence the probe in the matter," Chattarpur Deputy
Inspector General (DIG) Ved Prakash Sharma told reporters.
The sand mafia in Panna district had erected a
makeshift earthen bridge across the Ken river for transporting
sand illegally to Uttar Pradesh which was later demolished by
the team of revenue and police officials.
Besides Kuber, his accomplices Gambhir Singh, Ram
Singh and two others, who are absconding, are booked for
attack, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician