Sarpanch`s son set on fire in MP village
Vidisha: A village sarpanch`s son
was set on fire by some unidentified persons in the district,
Premnarayan Ahirwar (30) had gone out to bring
pesticide when some persons poured kerosene oil and set him on
fire at Mehluya Chowk near here, they said, adding his
condition is reported to be critical.
The victim, with over 70 per cent burns, was rushed to
a hospital by the locals, they said.
He was being shifted to Bhopal from here for better
medical care, the police said.
The police suspect that some old enmity was the cause
of the incident and are waiting for Ahirwar to regain
consciousness to record his statement.
Ahirwar`s mother Jamunabai is the Sarpanch of Mehluya
area where the rural body election process is underway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed