SC/ST Commission member visits Betul
Betul: Bherulal Meena, member of National Commission for SC/ST, arrived here on Friday on a two-day visit to probe the incident of murder of a tribal woman, who was killed allegedly because she refused to withdraw the complaint against her daughter`s rapists.
Meena told reporters that he will talk to the girl and
also the district officials. He said that Commission Chairman
Rameshwar Oraon had asked him to visit Betul.
Imarti Bai was shot dead allegedly because she had
refused to withdraw the FIR against the alleged rapists of her
All the accused in the case have been arrested.
The state government subsequently transferred Betul SP B
According to Imarti Bai`s daughter, police did not
take any action despite complaint of threats to her mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog