Scandal rocks Jabalpur University, two officials arrested
Jabalpur: An alleged sex-for-marks scandal
has come to light here, leading to the arrest of two University officials.
Controller of Examination Professor S S Rana and the
Deputy Registrar R S Kakodia of Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya
(RDVV) here were arrested on March 1. Police had earlier
arrested one Raju Khan in this case.
Two other accused, Prerna Atwal, a student, and one Ajay
Khandelwal, are absconding, police said.
According to the complaint filed by S Arya, a first-year
MBBS student of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College
last month, Prerna, her senior in the college, told her that
she would have to sleep with Khan if she wanted to get her
marks increased in the revaluation.
Prerna allegedly told her that Khan had contacts in the
Varsity, and also revealed that the complainant had failed in
two subjects, though the results were not yet declared.
Following which, police have seized all the answersheets
of first year MBBS exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth