Scandal rocks Jabalpur University, two officials arrested
Jabalpur: An alleged sex-for-marks scandal
has come to light here, leading to the arrest of two University officials.
Controller of Examination Professor S S Rana and the
Deputy Registrar R S Kakodia of Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya
(RDVV) here were arrested on March 1. Police had earlier
arrested one Raju Khan in this case.
Two other accused, Prerna Atwal, a student, and one Ajay
Khandelwal, are absconding, police said.
According to the complaint filed by S Arya, a first-year
MBBS student of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College
last month, Prerna, her senior in the college, told her that
she would have to sleep with Khan if she wanted to get her
marks increased in the revaluation.
Prerna allegedly told her that Khan had contacts in the
Varsity, and also revealed that the complainant had failed in
two subjects, though the results were not yet declared.
Following which, police have seized all the answersheets
of first year MBBS exam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India