Scandal rocks Jabalpur University, two officials arrested
Jabalpur: An alleged sex-for-marks scandal
has come to light here, leading to the arrest of two University officials.
Controller of Examination Professor S S Rana and the
Deputy Registrar R S Kakodia of Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya
(RDVV) here were arrested on March 1. Police had earlier
arrested one Raju Khan in this case.
Two other accused, Prerna Atwal, a student, and one Ajay
Khandelwal, are absconding, police said.
According to the complaint filed by S Arya, a first-year
MBBS student of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College
last month, Prerna, her senior in the college, told her that
she would have to sleep with Khan if she wanted to get her
marks increased in the revaluation.
Prerna allegedly told her that Khan had contacts in the
Varsity, and also revealed that the complainant had failed in
two subjects, though the results were not yet declared.
Following which, police have seized all the answersheets
of first year MBBS exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves