Scandal rocks Jabalpur University, two officials arrested
Jabalpur: An alleged sex-for-marks scandal
has come to light here, leading to the arrest of two University officials.
Controller of Examination Professor S S Rana and the
Deputy Registrar R S Kakodia of Rani Durgawati Vishwavidyalaya
(RDVV) here were arrested on March 1. Police had earlier
arrested one Raju Khan in this case.
Two other accused, Prerna Atwal, a student, and one Ajay
Khandelwal, are absconding, police said.
According to the complaint filed by S Arya, a first-year
MBBS student of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College
last month, Prerna, her senior in the college, told her that
she would have to sleep with Khan if she wanted to get her
marks increased in the revaluation.
Prerna allegedly told her that Khan had contacts in the
Varsity, and also revealed that the complainant had failed in
two subjects, though the results were not yet declared.
Following which, police have seized all the answersheets
of first year MBBS exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000