School principal arrested for molesting tribal girl in MP
Umaria (MP): A principal of a government school was arrested for allegedly molesting a teenaged tribal girl in the district, police said.
The accused, identified as RC Prajapati, molested the 17-year-old girl yesterday at a hostel when its warden had gone out for some work, they said.
As per the complaint, the victim, a student of Government Higher Secondary School, returned to the hostel along with other girls at around 5.45 PM yesterday.
The principal of the higher secondary school arrived there and called the victim. He then allegedly molested her and threatened her with dire consequences if she informed about the offence to anybody, they said.
The victim later told the hostel inmates about it and when the warden returned, the girls along with the victim went to Pali police station and registered a complaint against the principal.
Superintendent of Police, Umaria, P S Uike confirmed the principal`s arrest.
The accused has been booked under various sections of IPC and provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, police added.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why