School principal held for taking Rs 5,000 bribe
Seoni: An acting principal of a government school was on Thursday arrested by Lokayukta police for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 5,000 from a lady teacher for clearing her arrears.
Ramkumar Sharma, acting principal of Government Boys Higher Secondary School in Dhuma, had demanded Rs 10,000 from a lady teacher Maya Choukse for clearing her arrears amounting to Rs 1.16 lakh, police sources said.
The teacher informed Lokayukta police about it following which a team of its officials, led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Satish Mishra, laid a trap and caught Sharma red-handed, they said.
A case has been registered against Sharma in this regard while further investigation was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley