Scindia acceptable as CM candidate: Digvijay
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Sunday that he would support Union Minister of State Jyotiradiya Scindia as chief ministerial candidate.
"If the Congress president Sonia Gandhi fields Scindia as chief ministerial candidate for Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections in 2013, we don`t have any problem and will extend full support," Singh said, talking to reporters.
Congress general secretary also congratulated Scindia for defeating state Minister and BJP leader Kailash Vijaywargiya second time in a row in the recently held Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) elections.
"In this victory, unity in Congress was reflected. If this unity continues till the Assembly elections, I am sure that Congress will form the next government."
On the recent attack on the local BJP office by RSS workers, Singh said no action had been taken against the accused, which showed that BJP government was partisan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional