Scindia acceptable as CM candidate: Digvijay
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Sunday that he would support Union Minister of State Jyotiradiya Scindia as chief ministerial candidate.
"If the Congress president Sonia Gandhi fields Scindia as chief ministerial candidate for Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections in 2013, we don`t have any problem and will extend full support," Singh said, talking to reporters.
Congress general secretary also congratulated Scindia for defeating state Minister and BJP leader Kailash Vijaywargiya second time in a row in the recently held Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) elections.
"In this victory, unity in Congress was reflected. If this unity continues till the Assembly elections, I am sure that Congress will form the next government."
On the recent attack on the local BJP office by RSS workers, Singh said no action had been taken against the accused, which showed that BJP government was partisan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof