Scindia kin ordered to pay Rajmata`s Rs.6.52 lakh phone bill
Bhopal: The district and session court of Gwalior Friday ordered the late Vijayaraje Scindia`s three daughters and her grandson to pay her Rs 6.52 lakh telephone bill pending from her Lok Sabha tenure, according to a lawyer.
Vijayaraje Scindia, the erstwhile Rajmata of Gwalior who died in January 2001, had not paid the bill on her personal account during her two tenures in the lower house of parliament.
The directive to clear the bill was issued Friday to union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, former Rajasthan chief minsiter Vasundhara Raje Scindia, parliament member Yashodhara Raje Scindia and Usharaje Scindia.
Vasundhara Raje, Yashodhara Raje and Usharaje are Vijayaraje Scindia`s daughters, while Jyotiraditya is her grandson, the son of the late central minister Madhavrao Scindia.
In 2006, when the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) demanded the bill payment, the family refused and went to court against it.
"But the court of District and Session Judge Laxmi Sharma said that the children of Vijayaraje should pay the bills as they are her natural inheritors. The court also asked them to pay 12 percent interest along with the original bill of Rs 6.52 lakh," said Dilip Awashti, BSNL lawyer.
Being the son of the late Madhavrao Scindia, the court included Jyotiraditya Scindia`s name along with the three daughters of Vijayaraje Scindia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information