Scindia kin ordered to pay Rajmata`s Rs.6.52 lakh phone bill
Bhopal: The district and session court of Gwalior Friday ordered the late Vijayaraje Scindia`s three daughters and her grandson to pay her Rs 6.52 lakh telephone bill pending from her Lok Sabha tenure, according to a lawyer.
Vijayaraje Scindia, the erstwhile Rajmata of Gwalior who died in January 2001, had not paid the bill on her personal account during her two tenures in the lower house of parliament.
The directive to clear the bill was issued Friday to union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, former Rajasthan chief minsiter Vasundhara Raje Scindia, parliament member Yashodhara Raje Scindia and Usharaje Scindia.
Vasundhara Raje, Yashodhara Raje and Usharaje are Vijayaraje Scindia`s daughters, while Jyotiraditya is her grandson, the son of the late central minister Madhavrao Scindia.
In 2006, when the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) demanded the bill payment, the family refused and went to court against it.
"But the court of District and Session Judge Laxmi Sharma said that the children of Vijayaraje should pay the bills as they are her natural inheritors. The court also asked them to pay 12 percent interest along with the original bill of Rs 6.52 lakh," said Dilip Awashti, BSNL lawyer.
Being the son of the late Madhavrao Scindia, the court included Jyotiraditya Scindia`s name along with the three daughters of Vijayaraje Scindia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers