Scindia slams BJP over calling him `feudal`
Bhopal: Union Minister and chairman of Madhya Pradesh Congress`s election campaign committee Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday hit out at the BJP for calling him "feudal".
Addressing a press conference, Scindia, scion of an erstwhile royal family, said that the BJP did not think of feudal origins when referring to his grandmother Vijayaraje Scindia, who was a founder-member of the saffron party.
"Nor did BJP find anything amiss when it made my father`s sister, Vasundhara Raje, the Rajasthan Chief Minister," he said.
No one can choose the family into which he or she is born, Scindia said, adding that one should be judged by the conduct, and by this standard, all the BJP ministers in the state were feudal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert