Scindia slams BJP over calling him `feudal`
Bhopal: Union Minister and chairman of Madhya Pradesh Congress`s election campaign committee Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday hit out at the BJP for calling him "feudal".
Addressing a press conference, Scindia, scion of an erstwhile royal family, said that the BJP did not think of feudal origins when referring to his grandmother Vijayaraje Scindia, who was a founder-member of the saffron party.
"Nor did BJP find anything amiss when it made my father`s sister, Vasundhara Raje, the Rajasthan Chief Minister," he said.
No one can choose the family into which he or she is born, Scindia said, adding that one should be judged by the conduct, and by this standard, all the BJP ministers in the state were feudal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption