Scindia slams Vijayvargiya for his `Laxmanrekha` comment
Indore: Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia today slammed Madhya Pradesh Industry Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya for his recent statement that women should not cross their `Laxmanrekha` and remain within their limits.
"It`s very strange that in today`s scenario, when we talk about women`s empowerment, where women contribute to every field in the development of country, he (Vijayvargiya) is talking about a `Lakshmanrekha` for women," Scindia told reporters during a private visit here.
He wondered, "How can we move forward, when it is our responsibility to provide safe environment to women and children".
"In fact, those who wish to draw any such `Lakshmanrekha` should stay themselves stay within their limits," he said.
The BJP`s Kailash Vijayvargiya was recently quoted saying that "Just as Sita was abducted by Ravana, a woman will be punished if she crosses her limits (Laxmanrekha)," sparking off a row, forcing him to withdraw it.
On the Delhi gang-rape, Scindia said a commission has been formed which it will table its recommendations within a time-frame and a final decision will be taken as per its recommendations.
Jyotiraditya Scindia, who was accompanied by his wife Priyadarshini Raje Scindia, visited a private hospital to see Gayatri Devi Rathore, wife of Gajraj Singh Rathore, manager of the Scindia Museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31