Scindia takes onus of Congress defeat in MP
Guna: Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia has taken the onus of Congress` defeat in the recent Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls.
"I have taken upon myself the responsibility for the party`s defeat and I stand by it," Scindia, who was the chairman of the state Congress Poll Campaign Committee, told reporters at the Guna airstrip today.
A detailed analysis must be done of the reasons which led to the party`s defeat, he said.
Replying to a question on various statements being made against Congress leaders by BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, he said there was no need to pay any attention to them.
The Congress had won in five out of eight Assembly segments in his parliamentary constituency Guna, Scindia said, adding that the credit for it should go to its people.
The Congress party got a drubbing in the state by winning only 58 seats in the 230-member Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS