Scindia takes onus of Congress defeat in MP
Guna: Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia has taken the onus of Congress` defeat in the recent Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls.
"I have taken upon myself the responsibility for the party`s defeat and I stand by it," Scindia, who was the chairman of the state Congress Poll Campaign Committee, told reporters at the Guna airstrip today.
A detailed analysis must be done of the reasons which led to the party`s defeat, he said.
Replying to a question on various statements being made against Congress leaders by BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, he said there was no need to pay any attention to them.
The Congress had won in five out of eight Assembly segments in his parliamentary constituency Guna, Scindia said, adding that the credit for it should go to its people.
The Congress party got a drubbing in the state by winning only 58 seats in the 230-member Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves