Scindia takes onus of Congress defeat in MP
Guna: Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia has taken the onus of Congress` defeat in the recent Madhya Pradesh Assembly polls.
"I have taken upon myself the responsibility for the party`s defeat and I stand by it," Scindia, who was the chairman of the state Congress Poll Campaign Committee, told reporters at the Guna airstrip today.
A detailed analysis must be done of the reasons which led to the party`s defeat, he said.
Replying to a question on various statements being made against Congress leaders by BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi, he said there was no need to pay any attention to them.
The Congress had won in five out of eight Assembly segments in his parliamentary constituency Guna, Scindia said, adding that the credit for it should go to its people.
The Congress party got a drubbing in the state by winning only 58 seats in the 230-member Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi