Scorching heat in MP forces people to stay indoors
Bhopal: Several parts of Madhya Pradesh on Friday continued to reel under intense heatwave conditions with Naugaon in Chhatarpur district and Morena recording a maximum temperature of 47.5 degrees Celsius.
Other places which recorded high temperatures yesterday were Gwalior (47 degrees), Shivpuri (46.8 degrees) and Khajuraho (46.7 degrees).
Hot winds swept across northern parts of Madhya Pradesh and Bundelkhand region the whole day, forcing people to stay indoors.
Met officials said the heat conditions would continue for some more days and pointed out that the minimum temperatures in many places were above 30 degrees.
The maximum temperature in Bhopal was 43.6 degrees and the minimum was 30.5 degrees, both five degrees above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE