Scorching heat in MP forces people to stay indoors
Bhopal: Several parts of Madhya Pradesh on Friday continued to reel under intense heatwave conditions with Naugaon in Chhatarpur district and Morena recording a maximum temperature of 47.5 degrees Celsius.
Other places which recorded high temperatures yesterday were Gwalior (47 degrees), Shivpuri (46.8 degrees) and Khajuraho (46.7 degrees).
Hot winds swept across northern parts of Madhya Pradesh and Bundelkhand region the whole day, forcing people to stay indoors.
Met officials said the heat conditions would continue for some more days and pointed out that the minimum temperatures in many places were above 30 degrees.
The maximum temperature in Bhopal was 43.6 degrees and the minimum was 30.5 degrees, both five degrees above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured