Scorching heat in MP forces people to stay indoors
Bhopal: Several parts of Madhya Pradesh on Friday continued to reel under intense heatwave conditions with Naugaon in Chhatarpur district and Morena recording a maximum temperature of 47.5 degrees Celsius.
Other places which recorded high temperatures yesterday were Gwalior (47 degrees), Shivpuri (46.8 degrees) and Khajuraho (46.7 degrees).
Hot winds swept across northern parts of Madhya Pradesh and Bundelkhand region the whole day, forcing people to stay indoors.
Met officials said the heat conditions would continue for some more days and pointed out that the minimum temperatures in many places were above 30 degrees.
The maximum temperature in Bhopal was 43.6 degrees and the minimum was 30.5 degrees, both five degrees above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani