Scorching heat in MP forces people to stay indoors
Bhopal: Several parts of Madhya Pradesh on Friday continued to reel under intense heatwave conditions with Naugaon in Chhatarpur district and Morena recording a maximum temperature of 47.5 degrees Celsius.
Other places which recorded high temperatures yesterday were Gwalior (47 degrees), Shivpuri (46.8 degrees) and Khajuraho (46.7 degrees).
Hot winds swept across northern parts of Madhya Pradesh and Bundelkhand region the whole day, forcing people to stay indoors.
Met officials said the heat conditions would continue for some more days and pointed out that the minimum temperatures in many places were above 30 degrees.
The maximum temperature in Bhopal was 43.6 degrees and the minimum was 30.5 degrees, both five degrees above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee