Scribes get 5 yrs imprisonment for loot, blackmailing
Ujjain: Three local journalists and their two associates were today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court for blackmailing and looting a number of people including a Jhalawar-based person, who blew the lid off the case.
The sentence was awarded by Seventh Additional Sessions Judge, A K Shukla to scribes-- Anil Tiwari, Abhay Tirwar and Sachin Goyal-- and their two associates -- Munna Kushwaha and Mona Khan. They were also fined with Rs 3,000 each.
According to prosecution, they used to blackmail people by luring them into flesh trade with the help of one Mona.
Mona enticed people and after a deal was struck, they followed her to any of the hotels here, where fake policemen used to threaten the customer.
Meanwhile, the journalists would also reach the spot and begin shooting the entire episode and later demanded money from the victim by threatening him to telecast the incident on a news channel, the prosecution said.
However, about three years back, a Jhalawar-based man Gheesu Singh was similarly trapped by them but Singh later reported the matter to the police following which they were arrested and produced in a court.
Among them the main accused Tirwar was an editor of a local newspaper while the other two were working for news channels, the prosecution said.
Another accused in the case was released on benefit of doubt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’