Scribes get 5 yrs imprisonment for loot, blackmailing
Ujjain: Three local journalists and their two associates were today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court for blackmailing and looting a number of people including a Jhalawar-based person, who blew the lid off the case.
The sentence was awarded by Seventh Additional Sessions Judge, A K Shukla to scribes-- Anil Tiwari, Abhay Tirwar and Sachin Goyal-- and their two associates -- Munna Kushwaha and Mona Khan. They were also fined with Rs 3,000 each.
According to prosecution, they used to blackmail people by luring them into flesh trade with the help of one Mona.
Mona enticed people and after a deal was struck, they followed her to any of the hotels here, where fake policemen used to threaten the customer.
Meanwhile, the journalists would also reach the spot and begin shooting the entire episode and later demanded money from the victim by threatening him to telecast the incident on a news channel, the prosecution said.
However, about three years back, a Jhalawar-based man Gheesu Singh was similarly trapped by them but Singh later reported the matter to the police following which they were arrested and produced in a court.
Among them the main accused Tirwar was an editor of a local newspaper while the other two were working for news channels, the prosecution said.
Another accused in the case was released on benefit of doubt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan