Scribes get 5 yrs imprisonment for loot, blackmailing
Ujjain: Three local journalists and their two associates were today sentenced to five years imprisonment by a local court for blackmailing and looting a number of people including a Jhalawar-based person, who blew the lid off the case.
The sentence was awarded by Seventh Additional Sessions Judge, A K Shukla to scribes-- Anil Tiwari, Abhay Tirwar and Sachin Goyal-- and their two associates -- Munna Kushwaha and Mona Khan. They were also fined with Rs 3,000 each.
According to prosecution, they used to blackmail people by luring them into flesh trade with the help of one Mona.
Mona enticed people and after a deal was struck, they followed her to any of the hotels here, where fake policemen used to threaten the customer.
Meanwhile, the journalists would also reach the spot and begin shooting the entire episode and later demanded money from the victim by threatening him to telecast the incident on a news channel, the prosecution said.
However, about three years back, a Jhalawar-based man Gheesu Singh was similarly trapped by them but Singh later reported the matter to the police following which they were arrested and produced in a court.
Among them the main accused Tirwar was an editor of a local newspaper while the other two were working for news channels, the prosecution said.
Another accused in the case was released on benefit of doubt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'