Senior MP police officer suspended after rape FIR
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government on Monday suspended a senior police officer after a case of rape was registered against him by a woman in Jaipur.
The order to this effect was issued by the state Home department against the Assistant Inspector General (AIG), CID, Madhya Pradesh Police, Anil Mishra, after a case under sections 376 (punishment for rape) and 384 (punishment for extortion) of IPC was registered against him in the women`s police station (South) Jaipur on July 12, an official release said.
Mishra had already denied the charge.
The 43-year-old woman had also accused Mishra of clicking objectionable pictures of her daughter and niece, a charge denied by the police officer.
In her statement, the woman, whose husband is lodged in a Bhopal jail in connection with a chit fund fraud case, had said that Mishra has been exploiting her physically since last two years and had raped her at Indore, Jaipur, Jodhpur and other places.
The statement was recorded by the Jaipur police at her residence after she complained about her ordeal.
The victim`s husband was booked by local police for allegedly committing a fraud in Madhya Pradesh, a police officer said on condition of anonymity.
Mishra had rejected the allegations, saying that "Being the part of a special team investigating a case of fraud in Bhopal in which her husband is under judicial custody for the last 8 months, I know that family but the allegations of rape and others are baseless. A detailed investigation would reveal the truth behind the case."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM