Seoni rape: 5-yr-old minor girl dies in hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur/MP: A minor girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh took her last breath here in a hospital on late Monday evening.
The five-year-old girl was shifted to Nagpur in Maharashtra from Ghansour town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh in an air ambulance a week before as her condition was very serious.
She was admitted to Care Hospital in Ramdaspeth area shortly before midnight on April 20.
As per the hospital authorities, the minor died at 7:45 pm today after suffering a cardiac arrest.
"The five-year-old girl died of cardiac arrest at around 7:45 PM," the spokesman of Care Hospital said.
However, after informing about her death to the Madhya Pradesh government, the authorities have sent her body to the Nagpur government hospital for post-mortem.
As per police officials, the minor girl was allegedly raped by Mohd Firoz Khan, who worked in a private power plant, on April 17 after luring her with chocolate. After which he dumped her at a farm. The girl`s parents had found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur.
Mohd Feroz was later arrested from Bhagalpur district in Bihar on April 23 in connection with this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued