Seoni rape: 5-yr-old minor girl dies in hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur/MP: A minor girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh took her last breath here in a hospital on late Monday evening.
The five-year-old girl was shifted to Nagpur in Maharashtra from Ghansour town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh in an air ambulance a week before as her condition was very serious.
She was admitted to Care Hospital in Ramdaspeth area shortly before midnight on April 20.
As per the hospital authorities, the minor died at 7:45 pm today after suffering a cardiac arrest.
"The five-year-old girl died of cardiac arrest at around 7:45 PM," the spokesman of Care Hospital said.
However, after informing about her death to the Madhya Pradesh government, the authorities have sent her body to the Nagpur government hospital for post-mortem.
As per police officials, the minor girl was allegedly raped by Mohd Firoz Khan, who worked in a private power plant, on April 17 after luring her with chocolate. After which he dumped her at a farm. The girl`s parents had found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur.
Mohd Feroz was later arrested from Bhagalpur district in Bihar on April 23 in connection with this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!