Seoni rape: 5-yr-old minor girl dies in hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur/MP: A minor girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh took her last breath here in a hospital on late Monday evening.
The five-year-old girl was shifted to Nagpur in Maharashtra from Ghansour town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh in an air ambulance a week before as her condition was very serious.
She was admitted to Care Hospital in Ramdaspeth area shortly before midnight on April 20.
As per the hospital authorities, the minor died at 7:45 pm today after suffering a cardiac arrest.
"The five-year-old girl died of cardiac arrest at around 7:45 PM," the spokesman of Care Hospital said.
However, after informing about her death to the Madhya Pradesh government, the authorities have sent her body to the Nagpur government hospital for post-mortem.
As per police officials, the minor girl was allegedly raped by Mohd Firoz Khan, who worked in a private power plant, on April 17 after luring her with chocolate. After which he dumped her at a farm. The girl`s parents had found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur.
Mohd Feroz was later arrested from Bhagalpur district in Bihar on April 23 in connection with this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog