Seoni rape: 5-yr-old minor girl dies in hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur/MP: A minor girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh took her last breath here in a hospital on late Monday evening.
The five-year-old girl was shifted to Nagpur in Maharashtra from Ghansour town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh in an air ambulance a week before as her condition was very serious.
She was admitted to Care Hospital in Ramdaspeth area shortly before midnight on April 20.
As per the hospital authorities, the minor died at 7:45 pm today after suffering a cardiac arrest.
"The five-year-old girl died of cardiac arrest at around 7:45 PM," the spokesman of Care Hospital said.
However, after informing about her death to the Madhya Pradesh government, the authorities have sent her body to the Nagpur government hospital for post-mortem.
As per police officials, the minor girl was allegedly raped by Mohd Firoz Khan, who worked in a private power plant, on April 17 after luring her with chocolate. After which he dumped her at a farm. The girl`s parents had found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur.
Mohd Feroz was later arrested from Bhagalpur district in Bihar on April 23 in connection with this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list